This event will shape life-long pathways for young people with SEN. The day will include presentations, workshops and a marketplace where we explore issues facing individuals with learning disabilities like getting a job and developing new skills, relationships, making friends and how to become more involved in your community.
Highlights of this year’s Roadmap for Life include:
- A keynote speech from Baroness Sheila Hollins, Professor of the Psychiatry of Learning Difficulties.
- A keynote speech from Brian Lamb OBE, Chair of the Inquiry into Parental Confidence in the Special Educational Needs
- A keynote speech from Erin Riehle from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, founder of the globally recognised ‘Project Search’ programme, which has supported thousands of young people with learning disability into employment across the world
- Sessions on using sensory stories to support young people with complex learning disabilities to access their community, with Joanna Grace, author of ‘Sensory Stories for Children and Teens with Special Educational Needs’
- Workshops on ‘Alternatives to GCSEs’ and ‘Assessment and Evaluation Towards Aspirational Outcomes’
- Workshops with learning disability historian Dr. Lee Humber and Jim Blair, Learning Disability Consultant Nurse at Great Ormond Street.
For more info click here.