Thursday, May 11, 2017
10:00am - 3:00pm
City Lit (map)
Tube: Holborn, Covent Garden, Temple
Join Professor Barry Carpenter and Professor Sheila the Baroness Hollins explore new ways to support social, emotional and mental health needs of young people with SEND, and prepare them to make the transition to adult life.
• Professor Carpenter will share new ways for schools to support their pupils’ social, emotional and mental health
• Baroness Hollins will explain the power of Books Beyond Words to engage with and support young people as they move on from school to adult life
• There will be an opportunity to observe Beyond Words book clubs in action
• Swiss Cottage School and educational researcher Jo Egerton will share their learning from the school’s pilot transition book club, including their use of the Engagement Profile, as recommended by the Rochford Review of assessment
• A proposed transition research project will be presented: schools will have the opportunity to apply to become a partner
The price is £30 per person, including lunch.
If you would prefer for us to send you an invoice, or if you have any other queries, please email email@example.com