A living manifesto for a better life for people with learning disabilities.
The BELONG manifesto, launched by Beyond Words and Access All Areas, is a call to action for more inclusive communities everywhere.
When the institutionalisation of people with learning disabilities has ended...
- and there is enough money to spend on food and essentials,
- and there are opportunities to make some choices in life
- and people with learning disabilities feel good about themselves
- and their friends
- and there is an end to being bullied, assaulted and called names
- and everyone can access healthcare, education and employment, on equal terms
We will all BELONG.
Six ways we can be sure of feeling good about ourselves and our friends:
How you can get involved
Since it was launched, people have been signing up to the manifesto and pledging simple and practical things they will do to help people belong, using the hashtag #LDBelong.
We want as many organisations and individuals as possible to sign up to the manifesto. If you’d like to sign-up, please email email@example.com.
Individuals and organisations who have signed-up to the BELONG manifesto
Access All Areas
Professor the Baroness Sheila Hollins
Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities
Blue Ribbon Health and Wellbeing
Learning Disability England
Icons by: AlfreidoCreates.com/Icons Dan Hetteix Milinda Courey Gimzy7 Daniela Baptista Bakunetsu Kaito Anniken & Andreas