Donate to Books Beyond Words
We have recently become a charity (no. 1183942) and we are looking for your support!!
Beyond Words helps people with learning disabilities to communicate better, our books and our methodology place the reader in their own driving seat. By engaging with health professionals, teachers, family members, and community leaders, people with learning disabilities gain a deeper understanding, level of choice, and ability to share their own experience.
Too many people with learning disabilities are not living their lives to the full. Understanding health and tackling loneliness are fundamental to an informed and connected life - we need your help to make this happen for people with learning disabilities across the UK.
People with learning disabilities are rarely invited in, they are rarely given space at the table, and their voices rarely get heard. Equality, inclusion, and participation are central to our mission at Beyond Words. We believe that everyone has the right to see and be seen, to hear and be heard, to know and join in.
Our small staff team is committed to move us from being mainly a publisher of wordless books to becoming a significant community development charity, creating a lasting impact in the lives of young people and adults.
Your donation will help support the following initiatives:
· Free books to support our existing book clubs
· Training in the Beyond Words reading techniques, designed to get the most from our books
· Support for new Book Clubs in libraries, community centres and even sports centres
· Additional funding for new book titles and upgrading existing books
· Development of our website, our BW StoryApp and our eBook collection
To donate to us, please click on the Virgin Money Giving button below.